Schlitz Audubon Nature Center connects people with nature and inspires them to become responsible stewards of the natural world.
We are a unique Milwaukee destination that offers…
- A 185-acre stretch of natural habitat along the shore of Lake Michigan
- Six miles of hiking trails
- A 60-foot observation tower providing panoramic views
- A Gold LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified, green building that is also available on a rental basis for special events
- Year-round delights for your senses
- Exciting programming for over 145,000 visitors and 27,000 school children annually
We are a spacious, natural habitat teaming with opportunities for personal life enrichment
- Relax and re-energize your soul
- Engage in active pursuits such as hiking, cross-country skiing, or geocaching
- Structure a volunteer opportunity to fulfill your community service or environmental stewardship desires
We are specialists in environmental education & habitat restoration
- Programming for kids and adults of all ages
- Comprehensive habitat restoration and preservation through our land management program
We offer a unique Birds of Prey Raptor Program
- Home to 13 raptors – our feathered ambassadors help us promote responsible environmental stewardship.
- Our collection of eagles, owls, falcons, and other birds delight visitors of all ages. What better way to learn about the natural world right around us?
Stop by and experience all that our Center has to offer!